You were made for God's family! To be all of what God designed you to be, you need to be connected with others in your church family.
We believe in the life-changing benefits of participating in a Small Group! At WVCC, Small Groups take the place of traditional Sunday School Classes. Small Groups are offered at various times during the week. Most meet on Wednesday evening.
If you are not in a small group already, check out the information below. We want you to find a group that can help you grow in your walk with Christ and "do life together."
Click on a profile to view more details
Tuesday Mornings 8:30am Married Empty Nesters Area No Childcare
Tuesday Nights 6:00pm 256-244-4313
Wednesday Mornings 8:30am Empty Nesters Sand Mountain No childcare
Wednesday Nights Married with young kids Meets at WVCC Childcare ?
Wednesday Nights Fort Payne Area Married & Single Adults Childcare ?
Wednesday Nights Married Couples Lookout Mountain childcare ?
Wednesday Nights 6:00 pm Lookout Mountain 256-996-6752
Wednesday Nights 6:00 Fort Payne 256-845-0500
Wednesday Nights 6 pm Downtown Fort Payne Childcare Provided firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Wednesday Nights 6:00 Fort Payne 205-835-7056
Wednesday Nights 7:30pm Fort Payne
Wednesday Nights 6:00 Sand Mountain
Sunday Nights 6:00 Fort Payne 847-420-6745
Sunday Nights 6:00 Fort Payne 256-557-2290
Eight Reasons to Join . . .
1. You will begin to feel like part of God's family.God never meant for you to go it alone in the Christian life. If you don’t feel connected to the church or if you feel lonely, the answer to your problem is to join a life group.
2. You will understand the Bible better in a life group.If you've ever listened to a Bible teacher or preacher and wanted to stop that person and say, "But what about...?" or "I don't understand," then a life group is for you!
3. Prayer will become more meaningful to you.In praying together with a few others, we are drawn together, and we find answers to the needs in our lives.
4. You will be able to handle stress and pressure better. Life groups provide excellent support in times of crisis, change, and stress. You'll have a sense of stability and security knowing there are people who care for you and are committed to standing with you. When someone loses a job, or a family member has an extended illness, or a mother needs a babysitter - these are practical needs that will be naturally taken care of through your life group. Your group will coordinate the sharing of hot meals to be brought in when your family is in need. Many people could testify that they would not have made it through a difficult time if it hadn't been for the support of their life group.
5. You will have a natural way to share Christ with friends, relatives, and work associates.In a life group, your unbelieving friend can ask questions and express honest doubts without feeling "put on the spot." When your friend sees the love and warmth and honesty of your group, it will make him more receptive to the Good News.
6. You will develop leadership skills you never knew you had!As you share and participate in a relaxed life group setting, you'll discover your confidence and self-esteem rising. This will help you at work, at church, and in every other relationship.
7. You will deepen your understanding of worship. Worship happens anytime we focus on God. Sometimes that happens best in a smaller group in praying or singing together.
8. You will be a New Testament Christian!The book of Acts is very clear about how God intends for His people to grow and have their needs met in the church. We will never be able to hire enough professional pastors to meet all the individual needs of our family. God never intended for it to be that way!
Consider these verses: "They devoted themselves to the apostles teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread, and to prayer. All the believers were together and had everything in common. Every day they continued to meet together... they broke bread in their homes and ate together... and the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved."
Acts 2:42, 44, 46-47
"Day after day, in the temple courts and from house to house they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the Good News that Jesus is the Christ." Acts 5:42 "Greet also the church that meets at their house." Rom. 16:5" Aquilla and Priscilla greet you warmly in the Lord, and so does the church that meets at their house."
I Cor. 16: 19
"Give my greetings...to Nympha and the church in her house." Col. 4: 15
We are excited about the incredible potential of the network of Life Groups we are building within Wills Valley Community Church. Life Groups have these eight benefits that no believer can afford to pass up.
If you are not participating in a group, why not join one this week?